Monday, November 26, 2007

It seems I've begun writing a completely different story

The original plan was to write this long, arduous, beautiful tale of not-quite-star-crossed lovers who manage to stay together through this all. A week or so ago (longer, really, I guess) I realised how absolutely boring this was and couldn't bring myself to write. How had I ever thought that a barely plotted shred would act as enough to guide me through 50 000 words?

I have no idea. Today I started writing part 3, of the novel, which was supposed to be:
  1. In my female character's P.O.V. (it's not still the male's... and I'm not even sure if she's going to go back to being main after she broke up with him)
  2. About how they weren't getting married and just having a very long engagement
In my boredom I introduced a new character, Justin, Alec's cousin. He was supposed to be vying for Mae's affection but it turns out that he's gay and just got out of a terrible relationship which is the whole reason why he's in Australia, and he, Alec, and Alec's best friend Rob (who was practically a cameo in part 1) have started an ice cream shop together.

I don't care, at least I'm writing something. Who knows what Part 4 will bring in its thrilling conclusion?

No comments: